Industrial Office Building Addition: This project provided new administrative office space for a small manufacturing business in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.
Program features included new office space for executive staff, administrative office and support space, a two-story lobby/office space, multiple conference rooms, file storage space and work room space. All spaces were designed to have ready access to the adjacent factory floor. Furthermore, the building was designed to express a new corporate image for the manufacturing firm.
The project was notable for several reasons:
- The building incorporated portions of the previous existing office space that it replaced.
- The manufacturing space and the supporting office space needed to be in operation during the entire construction process.
- The previous office space had been in service for many years and was very tired. The new office space needed to provide a new and exciting environment for office staff, and express the new marketing direction of the company.
- Accessibility was a concern. Care was taken to make sure that the addition met ADA requirements.
- Proximity to a factory use was a concern. Care was taken to provide necessary fire separations between the office space and the factory floor.
The total Construction Cost for the project was $2,500,000, delivered under a traditional design-bid-build contract.
Carter Architectural Design staff led, managed and designed this project while employed at Noelker and Hull Associates.